1kg side salmon, skin on and boneless
4tbsp wholegrain mustard
2tbsp horseradish sauce
200ml virgin olive oil
Zested rind of 2 lemons and 4-6 tbsp juice
4 level tbsp honey
8 spring onions, sliced
2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
3-4 level tbsp roughly chipped fresh dill, plus extra for garnish
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Set the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Cut the salmon into 8 and place on a baking sheet.
2. Mix the mustard and horseradish and spread over fish. Bake for 15-20 mins or until it starts to turn golden.
3. Meanwhile, pour the oil into a jug and stir in the lemon rind and juice, honey and seasoning, and whisk together. Stir in the spring onions, chillies and dill.
4. Remove the salmon from the oven. As soon as it’s cool enough to handle, peel away the skin and place in a single layer over a large dish. Pour over the olive-oil dressing. Leave it in a cool place until the fish is cold, then cover the dish with a lid or with cling film. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 24 hours, or up to 3 days. If the oil doesn’t completely cover the fish, then baste it a few times while the fish is marinating.
5. Lift the salmon out on a slotted fish slice to drain off the oil and place on a serving platter. Scoop out some of the dressing ingredients and arrange them on top of the salmon.